Sunday, November 1, 2009

...to be completed...

To you whom I've never met, let me tell you of the ways I already know you.

I know from the kisses I've anticipated on my neck that you and I have been swimming in lakes on the moon with vampires in the crowd, crying upon the sight of our embraces. Tears and waves have left a coolness on my nape that gave way to the heat of your breath when we locked eyes and fingers at a quiet pace, when we held each other face to face. With your face burned into my memory, my body, I recognize the familiarity of your shine. And what breaks through the cage in my chest is a fire that burns through comforts, destroys preconceptions, and paints masterpieces with grey ashes turned red and amber. Yes I know that your cheekbones are like carved canyons. They echo the laughter that etched character all around them. The same resonances structure the curves of my arches and outline my backbone as the ladder to enter into your highest peaks of spirituality. I've heard your voice ring through the valley between my lungs.........


...There are hieroglyphs on my fingertips that tell the story of your presence...



...The way your knees can bend is enough to question the rigidity of the separation of our bodies...



...You are a spirit, free of inhibitions, full of the sweetest innocence. You kiss the devil in the morning, caress the face of death in the evening, and smile to all the angels during the hours in between...



...You swallow the pains given to you, blown in your direction by the spinning of the earth, and digest them, letting them become the substance of your beautiful body...



...I know you've been playing with your creativity. Experiment with your imagination on me. If you generate a new life within this body, I'll give you the most spirited 'yes' as my blessing...



-2/17/09

No comments:

Post a Comment